Feeds:
Posts
Comments

I really love this one. One of the blocks is similar to a skylight I saw in a building last year.

MagicTiles-002

 

 

Not sure about the border, looks a bit heavy for my taste but there’s a certain appeal about the design.

 StarAdventures1-001

It’s a nice change to have some time to play around in Electic Quilt. A nice pink quilt for a change too!
FramedStars

Been busy working and when I’m not working I’ve been trying to quilt my Blue Gum Challenge Quilt which I should have finished shortly; fingers crossed.

It’s a cool winter’s day here and perfect for a bit of computer catch up.

B&WJune14

B&WJune142

I thought I might look at a red and white option as well because there’s still quite a bit of interest. I think the black and white has more of an impact though.  Perhaps some more detail in the border would suit too!

R&WJune14

TTchallNot much time for designing, sewing or quilting these last few months. I brought a tea towel back with me last year and have been giving some thought to what to do with it. One option is of course a quilt. Here’s something I’ve been playing with.

 

 

 

Yesterday I put the final border on my Orca Bay Quilt. The border pieces were assembled and ready for me almost 12 months ago but I needed to complete some more of my blue string sashing strips first. Wouldn’t you know it, I miscalculated and now have quite a few left over as well. I’m loving this design, it really is an eye catching quilt. I did have to buy quite a lot of fabric for this quilt, especially as I was given some of the blue string blocks and wanted the same colour hues through the design. I’ve never owned a lot of blues!

Image

 

Since returning from last year’s trip I can honestly say I’ve been so busy with outside work I haven’t really had a lot of time for quilt designing. In December I finally managed to complete my Blue Gum Challenge using whatever snippets of time I could manage. I will have to say sewing the hexagons for the final border took almost as long as the rest of the quilt. I am very pleased with the results. Initially I was going to put hexagons right around the outside of the quilt but when I started assembling and laying a few of them out for a ‘viewing’ I didn’t like the result – they were just too ‘heavy’ for the design of the quilt.

Image

Here’s my completed flimsy, I have now basted the layers together ready to quilt but I’m finding a little bit of piecing time a lot easier to achieve than a little bit of quilting time. I’m looking forward to a quieter time in a few weeks.

Image

 

 

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 44 other followers